METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, The Festivalists, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period opens on 11 October 2012 at 9:00am AEDT and ends on Friday 19 October at 10:00am AEDT (the ‚ÄúCompetition Period‚Äù).
4. To enter, participants must:
‚Ä¢ Go to worldmovies.minh.dev and follow the directions on the website. Participants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, and phone number and answer in 25 words or less the following question ‚Äúwhat film you would most like to experience at the event and why‚Äù and submit their entry by clicking the ‚ÄòSubmit’ button. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. There are two sets of Prizes on offer. Each Prize consists of 2 X tickets to the World Movies Secret Cinema in Sydney on Sunday 21 October 2012 (the ‚ÄúPrize‚Äù) which will be provided to each Prize winner. Each Prize is valued at approximately $60.00. The total value of the Prizes is approximately $120.00.
8. There are two draw periods during the Competition Period: for the first Prize entries will close on Monday 15 October at 4.00pm AEDT. For the second Prize: only entries submitted from 15 October 4.01pm to Friday 19 October 4.00pm AEST will be considered. On the allocated draw dates (15 October or 19 October 2012) a panel selected by SBS will judge the entries and select ONE Prize winner from all valid entries for each appropriate draw period. Prize winners will be notified on Monday 15 October or Friday 19 October 2012 at 5.00pm via phone and email.
9. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
10. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
12. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
14. Travel and accommodation arrangements do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
15. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
16. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
17. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
18. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
21. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
22. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
23. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants’ names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
26. Entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
27. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.