WORLD MOVIES SECRET CINEMA
BACKSEAT BOOTH COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS and their associated companies and immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period opens on 5 May 2013 at 4:00pm AEST and ends on Monday 13 May at 12:00pm AEST (the ‚ÄúCompetition Period‚Äù).
4. To enter, participants must:
‚Ä¢ Follow the directions at the event to participate in the ‚ÄòBackseat Booth’:
o Participants must form themselves into group with a maximum of 6 people
o They must write the details of one primary contact for the group including (but not limited to) name and email on the supplied whiteboard and have a photo taken with the billboard by the event photographers.
o Complete their entry by having a creative photo of the group taken in the ‚ÄòBackseat Booth’ by the event photographers.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. There is one major prize on offer. The prize (the ‚ÄúPrize‚Äù) consists of the following:
a. $1,000 in cash to be divided amongst all of the group members.
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE – $1000.00
8. There is one draw period during the Competition Period: entries will close on Monday 13 May 2013 at 12.00pm AEST. On the allocated draw date (Monday 13 May) a panel selected by SBS will judge the entries and select ONE Prize winner from all valid entries. The prize winner will be notified on Monday 13 May at 2.00pm via phone and email.
9. All elements of the prize are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
10. Prize elements are not transferable or exchangeable.
11. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
12. Neither SBS nor the prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond SBS and prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
13. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
14. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
15. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
16. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
17. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
18. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants’ names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
21. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.