1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Promotion commences at 6:00pm on 22nd October 2012 (EDT) and closes at
12:00pm (EDT) on 5th November 2012 (‚ÄúPromotional Period‚Äù).
Eligibility to Enter
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who have a
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated
with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural
or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. To enter individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional
a. visit the official World Movies Facebook Page (‚ÄúFacebook Page‚Äù);
b. become a fan of the Facebook Page by clicking the ‚Äòlike’ button, if not an existing
fan of the Facebook Page;
c. click the promotional application on the Facebook Page and press the ‚Äòallow’ button
as prompted to permit the Promoter access to their basic information;
d. click ‚Äúvote For this‚Äù under a ‚Äúdeath scene‚Äù photo;
Draw & Publication
6. The draw for the ‚Äúlucky prize‚Äù will take place at World Movies, Special Broadcast
Service Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia on 5th
November 2012 at 3pm (EDT).
7. The photo with the most votes will be deemed the winning photo. The subjects
featured in the photo will be deemed the winners of the ‚Äúbest death scene‚Äù.
8. Winners will be notified by email and their names will be published on the World
Movies website and Facebook page.
9. Any unclaimed prizes for the ‚Äúlucky prize‚Äù will be subject to a redraw whereby
another winner will be selected at random to receive the prize. This redraw will be
held no sooner than three months from the date of the original draw.
10. Any unclaimed prizes for the ‚Äúbest death scene‚Äù prize will go to the subjects featured
in the photo with the second most votes. This will put into action no sooner than
three months from the date of the original winner announcement.
‚ÄúBest Death Scene‚Äù Prize
11. The subjects of the winning ‚Äúbest death scene‚Äù photo will receive $2,000 to share
equitably between them. Each winning contestant will receive a cheque for the
12. The winner of the ‚Äúlucky prize‚Äù will be drawn at random from the pool of contestants
who have voted any of the ‚Äúbest death scene‚Äù photo entries. The contestant will
receive a cheque for $1,000.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to
disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these
Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions
may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any
of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Any entrant that provides an invalid email
address on their Facebook account will be deemed invalid.
15. A single entry is permitted per person.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take
a prize (or an element of the prize), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will
19. Total prize pool value is $3,000.
20. Prizes are not transferable.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in
the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the
same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted
as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention
or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written
directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the
promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the Facebook Page is the entrant’s responsibility
and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic
means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will
render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to
limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the
Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the
ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of
Australia (‚ÄúNon-Excludable Guarantees‚Äù). Except for any liability that cannot by law
be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its
respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of
opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way
out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is
not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical
difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and
Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
27. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and
may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not
limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to
Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the
information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should
direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
All entries become the property of the Promoter.
28. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants
following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and
Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated
with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the
Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used
for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments
or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to
Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which
is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion
(including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by
30. The Promoter is SPECIAL BROADCAST SERVICE CORPORATION (ABN 91 314 398
574) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064, telephone (02) 9777 2777.
31. Authorised under: ACT Permit Number ACT TP 12/04005.1 & NSW Permit Number