FOXTEL PREVIEW – WORLD MOVIES SECRET CINEMA 3
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Victorian residents aged 18 and over only. Employees of SBS, Foxtel, their associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. The competition period starts on Tuesday 23rd April, 2013 at 9am AEST and ends on Tuesday April 30th at 9am AEST (the ‚ÄúCompetition Period‚Äù).
4. To enter, participants must:
‚Ä¢ Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‚ÄòFoxtel preview Secret Cinema giveaway’. Participants must list their details, including name, address and phone number and answer in 25 words or less the following question ‚ÄúWhat international film would you like to experience at the event and why?‚Äù. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
5. SBS reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of Victorian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity, in order to claim a prize. Acceptance of proof of identification, Australian residency status and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of SBS. In the event that a winner cannot provide proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Each of the three Major Prize winners will receive a double pass to the World Movies Secret Cinema event to be held in Melbourne on Sunday May 5th (the ‚ÄúMajor Prize‚Äù). Each prize is valued up to $60 ($30 per ticket).
8. A panel selected by SBS will judge all valid entries and the Major Prize winner will be selected on Wednesday May 1st at 10am AEST at SBS Corporation, 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064. The Major Prize winner will be notified by mail, email and phone.
9. If any of the three prize winners cannot be contacted by Thursday May 2nd 10am AEST, SBS will award the prize to the next best valid entry and that winner will be notified by mail and phone on Thursday May 2nd.
10. The total value of all prizes is valued up to $180 (RRP).
11. All prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
12. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the competition or in connection with taking up the prizes.
14. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, we take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
15. Neither SBS nor prize supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury of the results directly or indirectly from the winner taking part in any aspect of the prize. Where relevant, the winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in at the event and engaging in the prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
16. Prize winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, transfers, spending money,
17. SBS takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a prize in this competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
18. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). SBS accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SBS (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
21. SBS and the prize supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, SBS reserves the right in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to state regulations.
22. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
23. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. SBS’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. All entries become and remain the property of SBS. SBS may use the entrants’ names and addresses for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
26. The promoter is Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064 (ABN 91 314 398 574). SBS phone: 1800 500 727.