The 64th Sydney Film Festival is back!
The Sydney Film Festival returns for its 64th annual event this June and, to set tongues wagging ahead of its arrival, organisers have lifted the veil on nearly 30 of the event’s more-than-200-strong list of movies set to screen over its 11-day duration.
Held on 7 – 18 June, you’ll find jaw-dropping music docos by names like Nick Broomfield (Kurt & Courtney, Biggie and Tupac), hot new Australian talents, festival hits and top prize winners at Cannes and Berlin from acclaimed names like Cristian Mungiu, Lav Diaz and Agnieszka Holland.
The full festival program will be unveiled on Wednesday 10 May at 11am.
EXPLORE: Some of the previews trailers here, including Ghost Story with Rooney Mara (Lion) and Oscar-winner Casey Affleck, below.
Other highlights include true stories about a metal band touring North Korea to play covers of The Sound of Music (Liberation Day), the very funny new Australian indie comedy That’s Not Me and the delightful family animation My Life as a Zucchini, voiced by Ellen Page (Juno) and Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation).
The David Stratton retrospective Essential Kurosawa: Selected by David Stratton is the first program strand announcement for 2017. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to see these rarely screened films! SFF is also proud to announce the retrospective title An American Werewolf in London at the Skyline Drive In Blacktown. Watch the gore fest classic under the full moon.
ENTER NOW TO WIN A DOUBLE PASS TO THE SYDNEY FILM FESTIVAL
We’re giving 15 lucky winners a double pass to the Sydney Film Festival.
To enter, please email email@example.com and “Tell us in 25 words or less which film you want to see at this year’s Sydney Film Festival and why?”
DON’T FORGET to include your name, email, postal address and phone number in your email.
Hurry, entries close midnight on Sunday 7 May at midnight AEST!
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Competition: Sydney Film Festival double pass give away
Promoter: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Phone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The Competition is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 and over. Entrants must be the holder of a full Australian driver’s licence. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
Commences: Wednesday 26 April AEST at 10AM
Closes: Sunday 7 May AEST midnight
Maximum Number of Entries: One per person
How to enter:
During the Competition Period, entrants must go to http://worldmovies.com.au/category/competitions/ and follow the directions to enter
Entrants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number.
Entrants must answer the following question in 25 words or less: “Tell us in 25 words or less which film do you want to see at this year’s Sydney Film Festival and why?”
Prize winners will each receive:
1x double pass to Sydney Film Festival
Each prize is valued up to $40 AUD (RRP)
There are 15 x double passes to be won
Total value of all Prizes: $600 AUD
Prize Supplier/s: SBS
15 x prize winners will be selected from all valid entries.
A panel selected by the Promoter will judge all valid entries and the Winners will be selected on Monday 8 May by 5pm AEST at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064
Prize Winner Notification:
Prize Winners will be notified by email on Tuesday 9 May by 5pm AEST
Second Chance Draw and notification:
If a Winner cannot be contacted by Wednesday 10 May 5pm, the Promoter or its nominated agent will select another winner from all valid entries. Second Chance Draw winners will be notified by email on Thursday 11 May by 5pm AEST.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities.
2. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
3. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
4. Entrants may enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility requirements.
5. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
7. All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
8. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
10. All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
11. If a Prize is date specific, the Winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the date/s specified in the Schedule. If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date/s, the Promoter may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
13. Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
14. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
15. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to state regulations.
16. If the Prize involves tickets to an event or travel, the Promoter is not responsible for any change in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize Winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
17. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
18. Travel portions of a Prize may be subject to blackout dates and travel periods as specified in the Schedule. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
19. Rewards program points cannot be accrued when taking up the Prize.
20. Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
21. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
22. The Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for any visa requirements associated with the Prize. In the event that the Winner or their companion are unable to obtain appropriate visas, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize winner’s or their companion’s inability to take the Prize.
23. Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
24. If a Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only and no ancillary costs such as room service.
25. Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s departure city airport do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
26. The Winner and their travelling companion must travel together on the same dates and to and from the same destination.
27. All travel will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
28. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
30. This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit.
31. All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
32. The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
33. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
36. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
37. The Promoter may use entrants’ names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
39. Any entrant found to be using multiple social media accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at SBS’s sole discretion.
40. Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.